Coffee is the preferred drink of many across the globe. Be it starting your day or rejuvenating your energy throughout the day, this drink has got everything covered.
A single cup of coffee can do wonders, and it helps you think, it enables you to concentrate and even enables you to relax. It is effortless to make yourself a cup of coffee when you are at home or office, but what if you are outside, like if you are on a picnic or trekking.
You can still have a cup of your favourite drink even then. Backpacking coffee makers help us to make ourselves a cup of delicious coffee without having electric power.
You can carry these small coffee makers with you anywhere you want. They fit right into the smallest places in your bag without occupying much space.
Here we bring you the list of seven best backpacking coffee makers so that you can have your favourite drink even when you are on the move.
Be it any place, all you have to do is to take out your mini coffee maker and follow the simple procedures. And you will have your coffee made in no time at all so that you can sit back and enjoy your coffee and replenish your drained energy and then get going.
- # 1 Bodum Chambord French Press Coffee Maker
- # 2 Cafe Du Chateau French Press Coffee Maker
- # 3 Kitchen Supreme French Press Coffee
- # 4 Primula Single Serve Coffee Brew Buddy
- # 5 GSI Outdoors Java Drip Collapsible Pour-over Coffee Maker
- # 6 GSI Outdoors Ultralight Java Drip
- # 7 KOHIPRESS Original Portable French Press Coffee Maker
# 1 Bodum Chambord French Press Coffee Maker
At the number one position is the Bodum Chambord French press coffee maker. It is the best backpack coffee maker available in the market.
It is elegant looking and does its job entirely. The French press mechanism helps you ready your coffee in no time at all. It is quick, hassle-free, and easy to use.
- Coffee is prepared in 4 minutes.
- It is made of stainless steel.
- Durable design for heavy usage.
- It extracts oils and keeps the flavor intact.
- Makes 4 cups of coffee.
- Due to its premium quality, it is a bit heavy compared to others in this range.
Our verdict on this portable, backpacking coffee maker is a thumbs up. It indeed has all the qualities of an exceptional coffee maker. Be it the working or the premium quality material, and it is just irresistible.
# 2 Cafe Du Chateau French Press Coffee Maker
At number two on our list is the cafe du chateau French press coffee maker. This lightweight French press comes with 4 level filtration systems.
It is made of 304-grade stainless steel and has a heat resistant borosilicate glass in the package.
- Four level filtration system for excellent coffee.
- It is made of premium quality stainless steel material.
- It has a lifetime replacement guarantee.
- Multifunctional you can make tea as well as coffee.
- Though lightweight, it does occupy some space because of its size.
So, this coffee maker is no less than the first on our list. It is equally competent with its standards and working.
You get a four-level filtration system so that all the aroma and texture of your coffee is similar to the one which you make at home or get in coffee houses.
# 3 Kitchen Supreme French Press Coffee
Standing at number three on our list is the kitchen excellent French press coffee & tea maker. It is one of the best camping coffee makers with 304 stainless steel & double German glass.
The working of this is as proper as the stylish design of this machine. The unique manufacturing of it makes it stand apart from the rest in this segment.
- Made of German borosilicate glass.
- Straightforward and pretty simple to use.
- Has upgraded four filter screen system.
- Stand made of stainless steel.
- It has some weight and occupies a small amount of space in your bags.
- Comes with plastic carafe.
This unique looking coffee maker is lightweight and easy to carry along. It is a sure shot winner in terms of looks, price, and working. The only major issue is the plastic carafe which makes the overall feel of it a bit non-premium.
# 4 Primula Single Serve Coffee Brew Buddy
Primula Single Serve Coffee Brew Buddy holds the fourth spot in our list. This French backpacking press has a universal fit, ideal for traveling.
It includes a reusable mesh filter which can be changed as it wears out. It can deliver you a good cup of hot coffee in less than 30 seconds
- It is a mini coffee maker which can fit into the smallest place in bags.
- It is economical, reusable, and portable.
- It is easy to clean and is also dishwasher safe.
- Pour slowly for darker coffee and quickly for lighter.
- It is minimal, can accommodate only 1 cup at a time.
- The last ounces does let the sediments pass through the mesh.
This coffee maker has one unique selling point, which is its small size, reusable material used, in addition to its low price. It is perfect for adventurers who like to travel alone like a picnic or trekking, etc.
# 5 GSI Outdoors Java Drip Collapsible Pour-over Coffee Maker
At number five is the GSI Outdoors Java Drip Collapsible Pour-over Coffee Maker. It is a small and very lightweight, backpacking coffee maker.
You can carry it along anywhere you like as it won’t occupy much space in your bag.
- Can brew coffee from 1 to 12 cups.
- Simple to use no-nonsense.
- Unique fit ring design centres drip cone over mugs, cups, and full mouth water bottles for stable and spill-free brewing.
- Lightweight and easy to carry in a backpack.
- Made of plastic material.
- Storage capacity is shallow
- Drip is slow and takes a lot of time to complete
This coffee maker is undoubtedly the one which the trekkers need when they are out in the open with no electricity of any facility. Just put your coffee powder, brew your coffee, and give yourself a treat of hot espresso.
We wish it could hold a little bit more of coffee ground so we might have consistent quality throughout.
# 6 GSI Outdoors Ultralight Java Drip
Coming at number six is the GSI Outdoors Ultralight Java Drip. It is a lightweight camping coffee maker with a cup to brew and a filter. It is ideal for backpacking and camping.
Carry it in your bags and you won’t even come to feel its weight as it is that lightweight.
- Ultralight coffee maker.
- Nylon filter with three folding legs.
- Perfect for carrying along for trekking.
- Can even be folded flat thus acquiring minimal space in your backpack.
- Delicate clippers to hold the filter.
- The filter will need to be changed quite frequently.
So, this coffee maker is exactly what people need when they go out on picnics and stuff. It is lightweight, made of sturdy material, and very easy to carry along.
It is a good buy for coffee lovers who are into treks and mountain climbing. You are required to have some extra filters with you as you need them after 3-5 use.
# 7 KOHIPRESS Original Portable French Press Coffee Maker
Coming to the last on our list is the Kohipress the original portable French press coffee maker. It is vacuum insulated travel mug made of premium stainless steel can brew hot coffee on the go.
It is an excellent purchase for commuters, camping, outdoors and even office.
This French camping press is for those who love to have coffee anytime anywhere but don’t have much time to stand in front of a coffee machine.
- It has a replaceable filter.
- Lightweight and portable and provides a sediment-free cup of coffee.
- Easy to clean and simple maintenance.
- Comes with an insulated travel mug.
- Patented Isolation system made up of stainless steel.
- Though decidedly less but it has some weight because of its size.
- You have to rinse it more than once to get all the ground coffee out for cleaning.
- Cleaning this coffee maker is a hard job.
Finally, we are done with our list. This coffee maker is no less than the others mentioned above because of its position. You can go ahead and buy it without having to think twice.
It is an excellent piece of machinery which will full-fill all your coffee cravings if you are ready for what’s come after the brewing which is the cleaning part. If it was not with the cleaning issue, we might have ranked this a lot higher in our list.
So, guys, this was from our side. Hope you have enjoyed this list and it has been a help for you.
We always look forward to responses from our readers, so that we can inculcate specific points which you look forward to reading in our articles.
Also, if you are here, you might as well read some of our other coffee maker lists and reviews
Our list has been made after a look of research and findings, you can trust us with the products mentioned above.
So go ahead and buy the coffee maker as per your requirements and preferences. Happy brewing!!!